Monday, May 7, 2012

Blog 3




On Saturday the 28th of April I left Fairhope on a dress rehearsal for the "Alaska Adventure."  The bike was packed with all the gear that I will be taking on the trip. I actually have room to take more but I have what I think is needed. I tent-camped the first night in Lake Guntersville State Park in North Alabama. Sunday the 29th I rode to Cumming, GA and stayed with my daughters Kim and Katie and their families. You can see the mountains of North Georgia from their homes. I can be at the Great Smoky Mountain National Park from their place in three hours so the 30th I took off for the mountains. 


This trip is about getting familiar with riding the loaded bike and working the kinks out of packing, unpacking, making camp and breaking camp. Also, it’s about getting my body in shape for this trip. I have been riding 20 to 40 hours a week on and off road for a couple of months getting in shape. 


 



When I return to Fairhope the bike will need its 12,000 mile servicing. The bike was purchased new in Oct. of last year so you can see I have been riding it a lot.


2 comments:

  1. God bless you,
    God bless all that you touch,
    God bless all that touches you......

    The journey IS the reward.... saddle up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brother....it's always about the journey!

      Delete