Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 20

June 18






I'm having coffee in a little coffee shop off Broadway in Skagway, AK. The ride down from Whitehorse was fabulous...I know I keep saying wondrous things about the scenery but it just is that beautiful. Of course it was raining when I got up at 5:00 am…it has not failed to rain at some point in the day since coming into Canada and it really makes no difference when you get up or lay down since it's light 24/7. I'm adjusted to it and really like it.

There were about 5,000 tourists from three cruise ships in harbor today in town. Seems I picked a good day because there is scheduled to be about 9,000 tomorrow.

At 7:30 pm Alaska time I have booked passage to Haines, AK and will stay there tonight...returning to Whitehorse tomorrow via Haines Jct. The mountains from Haines to Haines Jct are supposed to be some of the most spectacular in the Yukon.

I hope I can find a dry bed tonight in Haines because the tent is soaking wet as it was packed in the rain this morning. Oh well…more shall be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment