Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 26


June 24

Well sorry to not have communicated for a few days (actually I've lost count of days) but there are updates on FB for those that utilize that forum.  I want to say I stayed three nights in the Alaska Backpacker Inn and I did sleep three times in as many days but there are no nights here.  The 24 hours of light seems to give the body more energy...at least that is my experience.  Yesterday I left Anchorage heading for Homer about 250 miles south.  Again the scenery was beautiful and the temp changed several times along the way: from warm in Anchorage, to cool, to humid warm, to humid cool and finally to cold.

I am doing some sightseeing around Homer on foot today.  Homer is a fishing and tourist town...many boats and a large harbor.  There was one cruise ship docked in the harbor last evening.

In my earlier post I told of trouble with the bike.  Well I came to Anchorage to have it checked out and the problem was not a big deal but it did cause me to miss the Dust2Dawn event in Dawson...oh well, I couldn't be in Dawson so I was somewhere else...all is well.

Tomorrow I plan to travel to Seward, then back to Anchorage, then north to Denali N.P.  I will likely spend several days there then on to Fairbanks for the trip to the end of the road...Deadhorse, AK.  More shall be revealed...


No comments:

Post a Comment