Monday, June 4, 2012

Blog 6



Sunday evening I pulled into the Teton National Forest at Brooks Lake Campground.  There are two parts of the campground and I was the only camper in part "B".  As usual I made camp, had dinner, and was in my sleeping bag.....12 hr days on a motorcycle will demand this. Brooks Lake is at 8,600 ft and it was quite cool at 6:30 this morning.  After dressing I was out of the tent and making coffee when I noticed a doe about 25 yds away. We looked at each other for a moment and I went on making coffee when I noticed another deer and then another.  I don't know how many were there but it was between 12 and 20 total.....one came within 15 yds of me at the picnic table while I was drinking coffee. These mule deer behave quite differently from the whitetails back home.

 


After leaving the campground I went over a pass on the highway and the Grand Teton Mountains appeared.  It is easy to understand why they are called ‘Grand’.....they are truly majestic.











I ate lunch in Jackson, WY and decided to head into the Teton National Park.  From there I went into The Yellowstone. This will take a few days and I may not have any cell or Internet for a while....just don't know....more will be revealed.

1 comment:

  1. The deer wanted breakfast. I've heard (no pun intended) they gather, stampede and trample campers for a cup of coffee. But they prefder decaf. You're lucky you made it out of there alive.

    ReplyDelete